Why you should join West Cumberland Orienteering Club (WCOC):
It is now FREE to join WCOC, however, it is not possible to join WCOC without being a member of British Orienteering.
The benefits of joining WCOC include:
- be part of an active, vibrant, welcoming and successful club, with ‘Club Mark’ accreditation,
- be able to orienteer at a WCOC event every Thursday throughout the year,
- participate in a varied calendar of social events,
- be part of a club team which competes in local, regional and national events, and take part in relays,
- have the opportunity to attend fitness and skills sessions throughout the winter months,
- participate in a strong and regular Junior and Adult coaching, with sessions tailored for beginners, improvers and experienced orienteers,
- receive weekly e-mail news updates and three printed newsletters through the year which, between them provide news, articles, upcoming events and recent results,
- avoid the non-member entry price surcharge at the ‘Cumbrian Galoppen’ and Regional events,
- be able to enter National events.
How to join British Orienteering and WCOC:
Click here to see the benefits of joining British Orienteering and also to find out more about the organisation.
You can join online at British Orienteering by clicking here or by phoning the British Orienteering National Office on 01629 734042.
British Orienteering Membership:
Senior £10 - any member aged 21 or older on 31 December of the membership year
Junior £3.30 - any member aged 20 or younger on 31 December of the membership year
Family – same individual fees, but easier to manage for families at the same address, see details online.
If you have any questions about joining WCOC please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Contact details - There may be an option to restrict whether your details can be passed on to any Third Party. WCOC are considered to be a third party, so if you select this option we don’t get access to your contact details and therefore we can’t send you any e-mailings or a paper newsletter.
If you do choose not to be contacted by Third Parties when joining British Orienteering, please contact one of the WCOC Committee Members (by phone or email – see the Contacts page of the WCOC website) to give details of how you are happy to receive information from WCOC - by email, post, or telephone.