Great news! From 5th Nov (at Slate Fell) WCOC will be continuing their regular Thursday orienteering night - http://www.wcoc.co.uk/futureevents. Club members have been working behind the scenes to make this possible. As everyone will expect, things will continue to be a little different.
What to expect:
- There will be no entry on the day. It is important that you book your start block in advance using the following link: wcoc-start.herokuapp.com If you have any issues with entry please contact Steve Holmes steholmes(replace with at)gmail.com
- No cash will be collected on the day. Payment can be made once the series has concluded to avoid multiple payments. Payment is via direct bank transfer: Sort Code 01-09-54, Account Number 07602286. Please use a reference with your surname, e.g. BreezeSS2020. The prices for a single event remain the same: £4 Adult, £2 Junior.
- You will still need to register (at a distance) with the organiser and let them know you have returned safely. You will need to confirm to the organiser that you and your household are free of Covid 19 symptoms, and they will make a note of this.
- The events are only open to members of British Orienteering https://www.britishorienteering.org.uk/join
- There will be no results on the day – download only, results to appear later on the club website http://www.wcoc.co.uk/results
- No dibbers will be available on the day. Members are able to arrange a long term loan form Dave Fenwick davfen44(replace with at)yahoo.co.uk
- These events are not intended for beginners as it will not be possible to offer any coaching on the day. There will however, be an easy course for those not yet ready to tackle a technically hard course.
- Social distancing rules apply – we know orienteers know how to use their common sense.
Many thanks must go to those working behind the scenes to get these events up and running.